Policy Context: Community, Patient, Service Users and Carer Engagement in the New Health and Social Care Landscape
One of a series of workshops to help mixed audiences understand the fast changing policy context. Designed to inform managers, practitioners, elected members, voluntary & community and public sector organisations.
•Who is who in the new national landscape, what are the new organisational structures for health and social care that are planned/emerging ?
• What are the big drivers of change? What do terms like transformation, integration, quality, innovation, productivity and prevention mean in practice?
• Where does community, patient, service users and carer engagement fit into the new structures?
• What do some of the key policy documents say about engagement?
• Why is the relationship between engagement and tackling inequalities in health and wellbeing and delivering on equalities requirements key to achieving measurable change?
• What national, sub national and local opportunities are there for enhancing engagement?